Catholic Youth Ministry Hub
Eric Gallagher

What are your favorite books to read?

Reading Habits  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many books do you typically read each month?

• I don't read
    • 1-2
    • 3-5
    • 6+

My favorite books are usually theological and spiritual reads, especially on evangelization and the Theology of the Body. I do have a soft spot for anything Mariological. But my favorite secular book is Markus Zusak's The Messenger. I'm currently reading Emerald Dodge's Sentinel.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, Bertha Peralta-Rodriguez said:

I just finished reading "When the Well Runs Dry" by Fr. Thomas H. Green S.J. Also recently read JPII's Mulieris Dignitatem.

As for secular - love Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and Stephen King (I know, random). 

Are Tolkien and Lewis really "secular", though? ?

Fiction: I love them both, and King as well. One of my favorite authors is a guy named Brandon Sanderson. Can't recommend his series "The Stormlight Archives" enough. The first book is called The Way of Kings and there is a deep theological influence similar to Tolkien that you can definitely pick up on. Les Mis is also a favorite.

Theology: Spirit of the Liturgy and Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI. A Father Who Keeps His Promises by Scott Hahn. Bible Basics for Catholics by John Bergsma

Philosophy: In Defense of Purity by Dietrich Von Hildebrand (philosophy behind JP II's TOB), Plato's Republic, Works of Love by Soren Kierkegaard

Spiritual: True Devotion to Mary by Louis De Montfort

• Like 1